We are absolutely delighted that you are considering St Paul’s Church for your special day. We are a warm and welcoming parish church where generations of couples have started their married lives together.
A Church is so much more than simply a venue for your wedding.
Unique and special things become part of your marriage, on the day itself and beyond:
- A Church wedding will add a spiritual dimension to your marriage. The ceremony includes God and looks to him for help and guidance. God’s blessing is the main attraction for many couples, whatever their beliefs.
- The Vicar has a very particular role to play in your wedding. They can help you blend ancient tradition and modern experience to reflect your story so that your wedding can be made personal, memorable, meaningful and beautiful
- Our Church building offers outstanding beauty
- Our Church building offers over a century of history. Imagine all the couples who have married in our church, some of whom may well be your family. You can feel you’re becoming a part of history itself, the bigger plan, by marrying in the same place as your relatives. We know that these sorts of connections can make your day even more special.
- After your wedding, you’ll realise that our Church is more than simply a wedding venue. We’ll always be here for you.
On your wedding day you will face each other, make your promises and receive God’s blessings. It is one of life’s great moments, a time of solemn commitment as well as all the fun and festivities that follow. Here at St Paul’s we recognise that each wedding is special and unique and we will work with you to personalise your marriage ceremony and ensure that you have the support, guidance and information you need to make your day truly memorable.
Renewal of Vows or Thanksgiving for Marriage:
There may be a time when you want to come to church and renew your vows; this is possible any time after your wedding day, regardless of whether you had a church wedding or not. It’s a bit like a marriage refresher and is often used on special anniversaries or even after a period of difficulty.
It is also possible to use this service if you have had a low key civil wedding or a civil wedding abroad but you still want a significant church service for family and friends at home. It can be as intimate or grand as you like.
There is no required (statutory) legal fee for this ceremony but there will be some church costs for the use of the building and if you have extras like an organist, a verger. At the time of making an enquiry we will discuss these with you.
Rings can be blessed as part of this service; either your existing wedding rings or perhaps you have special rings, like eternity rings.
Please contact Jayne Weatherill by either telephoning the Parish Office or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about having your wedding at St Paul’s.